DATE: February 10, 2000
SUBJECT: Party Summary
It is with a crick in my neck, a frog in my throat, and a tear in my eye,
that I must tell you that Gumby Fest 2000 is at an end. We had a
great turn out, lots of new people, lots of new games, and we got in a
TON of playing time. Other than the host's ego, lack of self
control, and a couple of rough spots, things ran smoothly again this year.
I would have to say that this was by far the biggest, and in many ways
the best party yet.
- 22 Players
- 20 Computers
- 2 Servers
- 1 Network Switch
- 4 Network HUBs
- 10-15 Gigabytes Of MP3s
- 3 States
- 1 Teenager
- 1 Diehard Female
- 1 Inflatable 6 Foot Gumby
- 8am - 3am Friday
- 9am - 5am Saturday
- 10am - 1am Sunday
As usual there are a ton of people that I need to thank for helping pull
this off. Hopefully I didn't forget anybody, but here they are in no
- Steve Fox from Albuquerque ROS
for making all this possible....he hosts Gumby Death and my web site and has
always been encouraging and supportive...
- AutoTrim for creating us a Y2K compliant kickin' banner...
- Bink for stopping by and taunting me and Nathan...
- Dave for flying in from Portland to join the fragfest, and Sarah
for letting him :)
- Bryan, Chuck, Darrin, Jeff, John, Paul and Sean for once again
suffering through another New Mexico road trip...
- Sean for the cool digital camera that documented the trip to
Hooters oh so well....
- La Posta and our waitress for taking care of a group of 24 people
without a hitch...
- David, Jamal, Jessica and Mike for representing Albuquerque,
the BF Goodrich boys, and bringing the Chicken Trophy...
- David for once again hooking us up with the slick Linux router
so we could remain "on-line"...
- Vanessa at the Hilton for being a sweetie and helping me set up
- Justin for representing Los Lunas and playing the same songs for
me over and over and over...
- Loretta for the cool magnets, Ibuprofin, pictures, enthusiasm, and
for putting up with immature boys...you are still a doll...
- Sonic for chicken sandwiches and Alicia....
- Clayton and Maria for hooking us up with extra hardware, having
a "game ready" machine, and sniping me in the head...
- Jeff and Mandy for joining us and reminding me of what a good
"Mom Joke" really is...
- Hooters for....umm....the wings...
- Nathan for playing hooky from work with me
- Mike, Dave and Ethan for joining us, bringing hardware and
showing us how cool racing games can be...
- Hue for setting us up with the projector again this year...
- Hue, Kerry, Becky, Maria, David, Neddie, Robert, Trina, Rob,
Leland, Amanda and everyone else that stopped by to say howdy...
- The restuarant lady at the Hilton for reminding us that we were
really loud and obnoxious...
I hope that everyone had a good time, got their money's worth, and that
we made whatever distance you had to travel worth it. I really really
appreciate everyone that showed up, thanks for making it an awesome